Thought it would never happen…but yes, indeed, it did. I fell off the blog bandwagon. It’s been a few weeks since my last post : /
While I can think of at least a zillion reasons and excuses to explain my absence, I won’t bore you with the details. It all boils down to one thing: I haven’t been making room for the things that bring me pleasure.
It’s not that I completely forget to make room for things that bring pleasure and creativity. Rather, I just get preoccupied and wrapped up with my to-do lists, errands, schedules etc…blah blah blah. Then, before I know it, there’s no time left for it. (Lame, I know.)
So, it’s time to take a page from Mama Gena’s School of Womanly Arts handbook and put MY pleasure at the top of my daily list. Hell, I might even blog about some of these in future posts. As Mama Gena writes,
“A life without pleasure is about as fulfilling as saltines without the salt and no dip.”
And what better way to start than by listing the top 25 things that bring me pleasure:
- Painting my nails wild colors (yeah #OPIcrackle)
- Dancing to super loud music while in my kitchen
- Swinging on the swings at the park
- The Beach!!! 6.5 = SUMMER!
- Traveling in airplanes and trains
- Glitter and sparkles (hooked on it since the tender age of 6)
- Getting my hair done
- Going to the movies (Would you believe that I still sing “Let’s Go to the Movies” from Annie whenever I enter a movie theater?)
- Singing my heart out while driving down the open road
- Cuddling with my dog
- Walking to school in the AM
- Fancy Chocolate
- Jewelry and makeup (especially earrings and lipstick!)
- Hanging with friends
- Art (museums, theater, painting, concerts especially!)
- South Park (totally not PC but had to put that one in there 😉
Oh God! Now that I’ve started, it’s nearly impossible to stop…To that endless list of things that bring me pleasure, I’d also add:
napping in hammocks, bacon-wrapped dates, nataliedee.com, funny t-shirts from noisebot.com, light brown & also blue M&Ms, clothes catalogs, samosas, the home & kitchen section of my favorite department store, the CLAW anthem, french toast, eggs benedict, exclamation points, pizza, HGTV, creme brulee, hotties with nice smiles & eyes, foreign accents, exotic spices, oceans, emoticons, saris, Bollywood videos, mango lassi, coconuts, perfume, and my Nook
Hmmm…I should do this more often….
What brings YOU, dear reader, pleasure? Give it a try! You might find it just as hard to stop.
And who says you have to stop?!
I say, “Keep Going!”